Contract Oracle DBA /SQL Developer
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
We at SoftFit Technologies looking for DBA Oracle Developer, Candidates profile with SQL is highly recommendable. The Data Base Administrator (DBA) is responsible for providing technical support for the database environment including overseeing the development and organization of the databases, assessment and implementation of new technologies, and providing Information Technology with a long-term perspective on the relationship of database technology to the business opportunities facing the company. Trains and develops technical support and applications staff to better utilize on-line processing databases environment. Develops a methodology for the ongoing assessment of database performance and the identification of problem areas. Develops a security scheme for the database environment, as well as assisting in disaster recovery if necessary. Provides enhancement of production applications including working with applications, technical support and operations during the design, development and implementation of applications. Work with the transaction processing area to develop both the physical and the logical database administration functions and assists in the development of our processing database and computing environments. Work with others in IT to build the logical database area and provide technical guidance during all phases of the development process. Work with vendors in evaluating and implementing new technologies.
- Creates and maintains all databases required for development, testing, education and production usage.
- Performs the capacity planning required to create and maintain the databases. The DBA works closely with system administration staff because computers often have applications or tools on them in addition to the Oracle Databases.
- Performs ongoing tuning of the database instances.
- Install new versions of the Oracle RDBMS and its tools and any other tools that access the Oracle database.
- Plans and implements backup and recovery of the Oracle database.
- Controls migrations of programs, database changes, reference data changes and menu changes through the development life cycle.
- Implements and enforces security for all of the Oracle Databases.
- Performs database re-organizations as required to assist performance and ensure maximum uptime of the database.
- Puts standards in place to ensure that all application design and code is produced with proper integrity,
- security and performance. The DBA will perform reviews on the design and code frequently to ensure the site standards are being adhered to.
- Evaluates releases of Oracle and its tools, and third party products to ensure that the site is running the products that are most appropriate.
- Planning is also performed by the DBA, along with the application developers and System administrators, to ensure that any new product usage or release upgrade takes place with minimal impact.
- Provides technical support to application development teams. This is usually in the form of a help desk. The DBA is usually the point of contact for Oracle Corporation.
- Enforces and maintains database constraints to ensure integrity of the database.
- Administers all database objects, including tables, clusters, indexes, views, sequences, packages and procedures.
- Assists with impact analysis of any changes made to the database objects.
- Troubleshoots with problems regarding the databases, applications and development tools.
- Create new database users as required.
- Manage sharing of resources amongst applications.
- The DBA has ultimate responsibility for the physical database design.
- Experience in SQL Server DB Administration is recommended.
- A good knowledge of the operating system(s)
- A good knowledge of physical database design
- Ability to perform both Oracle and also operating system performance monitoring and the necessary adjustments.
- Be able to provide a strategic database direction for the organization.
- Excellent knowledge of Oracle backup and recovery scenarios.
- Good skills in all Oracle tools.
- A good knowledge of Oracle security management.
- A good knowledge of how Oracle acquires and manages resources.
- Sound knowledge of the applications at your site.
- Experience and knowledge in migrating code, database changes, data and menus through the various stages of the development life cycle.
- A good knowledge of the way Oracle enforces data integrity.
- A sound knowledge of both database and program code performance tuning.
- A DBA should possess a sound understanding of the business.
- A DBA should have sound communication skills with management, development teams, vendors,
- systems administrators and other related service providers.
- Experience in SQL Server DB Administration is recommended.
- BE or BS Degree in one of the following subject areas: Computer Science, Business Administration, Information Technology or related field preferred.
- 2 -3 years IT operation with strong understanding of database structures, theories, principles, and practices.
- 3-5 years Oracle DB experience.
- Understanding of , and experience with server- client computing and relational database environments.
- Experiencewith data management and data processing flowcharting techniques.
- Knowledge of reporting and query tools and practices.
- Good understanding of theorganizations goals and objectives.
- Good interpersonal,written,and oral communication skills.
- Technical documentation skills.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Self motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Able to prioritizeand execute tasks in a high-pressureenvironment.
- Experienceworking in a team-oriented,collaborative environment.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Experiencein SQLServer DB Administration is recommended.
- Oracle 10,11,
- Database Administration
- Database Tuning
- Database Management
- Database Security
NOTE: Its a 6 month contractual job which is renewable in view of performance.
1565 total views, 1 today