Full Time HR Assistant
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Under the direct supervision of the Senior HR Officer but overall guidance of the HR Manager, the HR Assistant shall perform the following duties and responsibilities, but not limited to:
· Full compliance of HR processes and records with UNOPS rules and regulations, Organizational Directives (ODs), Administrative Instructions (AIs) and other internal procedures and guidelines as well as any changes made thereto from time to time
· Administration and monitoring of a wide-range of HR services related to recruitment, onboarding, leave and absence monitoring, performance management, separations, payroll, learning activities and reporting, among others
· Receive recruitment requests and assist in conducting a preliminary review of Terms of References (TORs) and Vacancy Announcements (VAs) for job posting through the Global Personnel Recruitment System (GPRS) and other sources
· Assist in the initial review of applications, coordinate and arrange logistical procedures for written tests and/or interviews and prepare minutes
· Facilitate all recruitment-related documentation for proper contract management including mandatory certificates, medical and reference checks and other types of documents in compliance with AIs and audit requirements
· Prepare and submit requests for awards and note to file extensions as part of the contract administration process and issue contracts and/or amendments as applicable
· Depending on thresholds, prepare award submissions to the Local or HQ Contracts and Property Committee (LCPC/HQCPC) for appropriate review
· Register details as appropriate in the Global Contracting System (GLOCON), ATLAS and in the Staffing Table
· Assist in compiling data for reports related to performance evaluations, staffing tables, recruitment tracks, vacancy closures, payroll reports, merit rewards, salary reviews and others, as required
· Process monthly payroll through the online Pay System and manually process related entitlements such as certification of payment, SOLA, R&R, danger pay and DSA
· Assist in travel and visa requests as needed
· Ensure a properly working filing system of local and international personnel with respect to relevant documents, contracts, and payment files and follow through with a properly working archive system
· Assist in knowledge-sharing and capacity building initiatives including timely dissemination of HR-related communications and instructions, SOPs, Organizational Directives (ODs) and Administrative Instructions (AIs) and participate in the HR Communities of Practice
· Facilitate all HR-related documentation for proper contract management including mandatory certificates, medical and reference checks and other types of documents in compliance with audit requirements
· Facilitate closure of accounts and files in GLOCON and in the Official Status (OS) file in case of staff and personnel separations
· Facilitate and monitor insurance claims for reimbursements
· Perform other duties as may be assigned
B. Monitoring and Progress Controls
· Functions and activities are expected to be recorded and updated in applicable tracking sheets for recruitment, staffing tables, learning initiatives, and others.
· Ensure compliance with applicable UNOPS ODs and AIs for the Individual Contractor Agreement and Staff Rules and Regulations for staff members
· Ensure that documents and supporting files are accurate, complete and properly filed for audit purposes
· Timely completion of end-to-end recruitment activities, limiting procedural turn-around times as per established benchmarks
· Quality of submissions to LCPC/HQCPC as may be applicable
· Other monitoring and progress controls to be identified and agreed upon while setting objectives in the Performance Evaluation Report
· Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN’s values and ethical standards
· Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
· Treats all people fairly without favoritism
· Integrity and professionalism in performing routine and core functions
· Proficiency in computer systems and applications, and knowledge of ERP systems on HR and Finance (payroll and purchasing)
· Knowledge of UN Rules and Regulations for various types of personnel
· Ability to work long hours and under pressure in a stressful and multi-cultural environment
· Capable of working with others in a participatory and capacity building manner
· Strong communications skills and ability to work in a team to achieve organizational goals
· Good analytical skills; resourcefulness and initiative
· Self-motivated, versatile and adaptable to different cultures and people
· Willingness to take on added responsibility and to build team morale and consensus
· Strong organizational skills, and an ability to multi-task and prioritize work schedules with limited time frames
· Demonstrates the United Nation’s values of Integrity, Professionalism, and Respect for Diversity when carrying out duties and in interaction with colleagues, clients and stakeholders
· Ability to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and those of UNOPS.
· A Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Management, Business or Public Administration, Psychology or relevant Social Sciences required. A Secondary Diploma with additional 5 years of relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of the Bachelor’s Degree requirement.
· Relevant certificates or training related to HR a distinct advantage.
· At least one (1) year of relevant experience in human resources is essential
· Previous experience from the UN/UNOPS or development organizations an asset
· Proficiency in MS Office software (Outlook, Word, Excel), and ability to navigate the Internet required
· Experience in ERP systems (particularly ATLAS) and/or other HR-related modules a distinct advantage
· Excellent knowledge of both written and oral English is required
Contract type, level and duration
Contract type: Local Individual Contractor Agreement
Contract level: LICA 5
Contract duration: 6 months with possibility of extension
· Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time (CET)
· Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
· Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
· Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
· For staff positions UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post
· The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
324 total views, 3 today